Skip to main content

Drive

Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
with open arms and open eyes, yeah
I'll be there

-Incubus-

Yes!!!
I finally finished the final instalment of Harry Potter! this is my review, but I must warn you that it does contain spoilers.
Overall, a better plot build-up compared to the fifth book (that was, in my opinion, the most 'kureng' of the seven-I dare not say more than that, as a proper adjective would be too treacherous to Potter readers alike, such as myself). The body count is high, but the deceased all died for Harry. (Hedwig didn't desearve to die!!)
After my conversion to pro-Snape, I guess that it was unfair for him to sacrifice hmself on Potter's behalf after all that his dad and he, himself has done to him.
Sadly, unlike the sixth book which showcases Voldemort's (I dare!) ingenuity and his rise as a powerful and very much demented Dark Lord , the seventh book depicts Voldemort as a typical villain who is ignorant and careless.
Ron, although a 'traitor' at first, amended his mistake and emerged couragous in times of combat. No comments on Hermione, though, but she did a lot of screaming and whimpering and sobbing. the smartest witch reduced to tears. She didn't quite put up a fight as the other witches would. Oh yeah, it also includes a cat fight between Bellatrix Lestrange and Mrs. Weasly.
To me, the final instalment is just trying to prove that Dumbledore's not the old nut that I thought he was and that he knew what he was doing all along and had outwitted Voldemort with premeditated strategies. oh well, the old man got his last laugh at last. It's kind of interesting though, that almost all brilliant wizards sought for trimph over death. A repeated theme throughout the whole series.
Horcruxes, Hallows, Death Eaters, Mosmorde (take a bite out of death)...all ring a bell to you?
The ending is a happy one, I guess J.K. could have had a change of plans since many of the Potter fans have guessed that the oh-so-noble Harry should die in the end for the greater good. One thing, though, it was disappointing that Harry had the upper hand in defeating Voldemort simply because of sheer luck that he figured out Dumbledore's plan in the nick of time and of his noble wizarding lineage, not out of skill or combat tactics. As people say, blame it on the genes.. if poor Voldemart wanted to defeat him, he'd have to find himself a different ancestor other than the dysfunctional Gaunts.
Overall, it's a lot more fast-paced compared to the fifth book, but it till does not match up to the fourth book that i so much liked. On the good side, it's not to say that it is a bad read through and through. A modest ending to the biggest wizarding saga I should say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Engineering and Life

Betrayed by the worst atrociously shameful mark of femininity, the shy, embarrassed, immature, self-conscious, awkward, school girl blush in the presence of a drop dead attractive member of the opposite sex. *facepalm* I'm gonna be fricking 21 years old, hormones, please stabilize.


Taming Tigers

If you have not read this book, get you hands on it quick!
Yes, I'm serious, it is that good.

why?
simply because it is unforgivingly, brutally honest.
What I love of this book is basically the fact that not a single word has gone to waste. Every single description is relevant, and makes for a pinpoint analogy of each scenario in the book. When you traverse each sentence, you already have an idea what the author is trying to portray in the way he describes what the characters do, wear, walk, talk. the simple gestures represent the very soul of the culture so imminently depicted in this book.
And the main character, Balram, seems so real that you could almost believe that he actually runs around in the streets, er, slums of India. The complexity of emotions and the inner turmoil he felt as he expresses his views on the issues.
The author's ideas of a new-age caste of small-bellied and big-bellied people and the Rooster Coop has been compellingly displayed along the storyline, and y…

Kiddies

Okay, yesterday, I went to my little sister's kindergarten sports day held at SMK Seksyen 5, Wangsa Maju Hall. Well, the field is wet because it has been raining almost every day in KL, well, in my area.
Anyway, I was the photographer that day, a tak bertauliah one, mind you. Here are some of the pics. They are so cute!

bacaan ikar

This is not a running in a sack event, this is a running sack

balloon haul
bean bag race






future Rahman formation?Well, I guess that's about that.