Skip to main content

The Car Owner vs.The Car Washer Attitude

suddenly, I have this identity crisis. Like Hamlet says, 'to be or not to be? That is the question."
Ever since my BM teacher, Cikgu Mat pulled a million-dollar brainstorming slot question at me: Are you proud to be a Malay?
well, I am left with no option than to say yes. I am a Malay. And then, he asked me, "why?"
well, on second thought, I don't really know. I haven't the foggiest idea, but then, why do I rave on and on, assuring myself that I am a Malay?
What is my purpose?
suddenly when I find myself in a 100% Malay situation, I tend to indulge in the worst of Malay-ism:
the car owner vs. the car washer attitude.
yes, there are successful people and people who have failed, they reason. but if everybody were to succeed, then who would fail? yes, there are people who own big cars and there are people who are paid to do the dirty work, washing the car, but that doesn't mean they own the car, do they?
why did these Malays let themselves be outbested by other races? why do they just want to lose and let other people get the better of them?
why? why did this attitude persist? this horrible mindset?
at school, the girls don't even make an effort to compete with the boys, just because the boys were more dominant in my class. they'd see me as a person who is just lunatically ranting on a lower grade compared to my male rival. what is so wrong in competing with a guy??
"you can't beat them," they say, "they're guys."
so what?? if there was one race that degrades the female species, it has to be Malayan females! they have this belief that no girl should be superior than the other, we are one, they say. yes, one in the rut!
we can do a lot better than this. I think that explains where I have learnt this pessimistic outlook- the Malay way of thinking itself
come on, people! look to new horizons, break the habit and make new frontiers!
it is not the world that makes the man, it is not the house that built the man!
discard this stupid mindset and get moving!
quoting Margeret Thatcher, "equality does not exist if one thinks that he is superior or inferior to the other"
think about it.
hell with the new economic policy, we wouldn't need it if everyone stuck to this quote!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Blog Looks So GAYY Now

I love blogger's new toy: the template designer thannggg.. love the jelly beans!   I changed my blog name to Gambar Gajah (ARAHAN: sila teliti gambar rajah gajah di bawah dan jawab soalan-soalan berikutnya ) , just a random thought, and it's a funny name, but don't expect me to post pictures of elephants .   okay, just to commemorate the change of name, nah ..here's one snagged from the internet..     Gambar Rajah Gajah 1.1  Berapa kali blog ini sudah bertukar nama? _________________________________ (5 m) 2. Berapakah umur blog ini? __________________________________(5 m) Jumlah: __ / 10 m hahahaha, lawak..lawak..macam tak ada kerja je aku ni Alhamdulillah, Allah Maha Kuasa Keputusan Rayuan JPA PILN: Engineering, Canada International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) 1 Tahun at Taylor's College, Subang Jaya

My Fair Lady

This is an old issue, I know. What has brought my attention to the topic of women rights was when I watched one of the episodes of Commander In Chief on Hallmark. In that series, the president of the United States was supposedly a woman. Interesting, and she plans to take the stand for women rights to the next level despite the controversies arousing her brave statement. The debate was whether or not it was relevant to debate on an old issue, in respect of the state of today's society. Women of today have a better status than they did way back in the days of history old. Women emancipation has been heatedly debated especially in the West throughout the time, and perhaps, the most memorable one was of the Suffragettes, fighting for the right of women to vote. Some places in Africa, in history, do not even recognize rape of women, as a crime, however, all of that has changed, thankfully. The question now is, are women actually 'emancipated' as we are all made to belief? well,...

Memori Keropok Lekor

Setiap kali ada school trip ke SBP pantai timur di Pahang atau Terengganu (seingatnya, pernah mengunjungi SESTER-Perfect Score Zon Timur 2009, SBPI B. Rakit-HKSBP Zon timur 2008 kot? SHAH Pekan- HKSBP Zon Timur 2006, SESMA-bermalam untuk Sambutan Hari Guru Kebangsaan. Eh, who knows where the headgirl of SESMA 2009 is right now? and....tu setakat yang ingatlah tentang sekolah yang dikunjungi), kalau berkesempatan lalu Batu Buruk, mesti singgah beli keropok lekor. Best gila. Sekali beli mesti habis dalam RM 50, sebab beli untuk cikgu, untuk kelas, untuk ahli dorm. Sesampainya di kelas, keropok lekor akan dibahagikan untuk bahagian budak-budak (budak-budak?) laki and budak-budak perempuan. Di bahagian depan kelas, budak-budak laki dalam sekelip mata sahaja menghabiskan keropok. Budak-budak perempuan pula makan di meja belakang (selalunya meja akulah tu. Nampak sangat muka kuat "jjella", huhu). Kita makan 'cover-cover', konon ayulah kot. And then, berduyun-duyun pergi...