Skip to main content

Down and Out.

Quick update:
1. Just came back from a tiring wedding reception, my uncle's
2. I was the photographer, I took pictures with my dad's Canon 50D, but the pictures sucked compared to yesterday's. I don't feel like uploading any pictures yet. i hate waiting.
3. I have successfully completed a few of my tasks, but there are stil a lot that I haven't done yet. That includes the preface acquisition, studying for my Arab exam, my BM and SEJ homework.. and lots more
4. I have not been training for golf.
5. I was also a 'short-lived' photographer for Laila's concert.
6. I am a week away from St. John Camp

Well, this is a random one, another blog about my life, it has been a long while that I had been blogging on my thoughts on important issues, but I have to be 'in the mood' for that sort of thing.

Early this year I reviewed on Di Hadapan Pulau and the Anthology. So, I've recently finished PGT, Putera Gunung Tahan, I know, another school text, but apart from Twilight, that was all that I have read for this school holiday. I've also read Kerusi, and I have yet to read The Pearl. this holiday is a torcher, I came home via flight and some of my things have been left at school and I haven't been able to study nor do my homework properly because I haven't acquired the Form Five textbooks, and for the sake of doing my BM assignment, I bought the BM texts, and that was all. The synopsis is currently in the typing process. I take a break by typing this review. (yak,yak,yak)

Basically, PGT and Kerusi is dry and hard to get through, well, Twilight was, and no, I have not seen the movie. PGT deals with patriotic issues, and despite all the 'teachings' and messages conveyed through this book, I still see it as a mere fairytale and I read it with the thought of the miniscule impact it has on today's ungrateful Malay generation, although it must have been one of the hits back in the colonial days, I hope.

Since, PGT textbook is a student's revised copy, some inappropriate parts have been removed by the ministry, but that just leaves the story hanging, and there was a wrong 'feel' to it, like the short story Looking For A Rain God in English 1119 this year.

In Anak Laut, the short stories had a very 'sekolah rendah feel' to it, whereas the ones in Kerusi were a bit more complex, save for a few that I don't really quite like reading because it felt cliche'd. However, I liked A. Samad Said's Di Sisi Rinda and Sebutir Pasir Di Kaki, although Sebutir Pasir was like a typical Malay drama scenario, but both short stories were, erm, strong?
Aku, Kris dan Kristal was a tad reminiscient of Aku Anak Timur.

I don't really get the traditional prose and poetry even since my PMR days, but in Kerusi, it was the most difficult for me. I had a headache reading it, honestly. Sajak is okay, but I couldn't understand Duhai Penafsir.

I love Puteri Hang Li Po and especially Kerusi, itself. Well, I guess that many girls must have liked Puteri Hang Li Po, because there was a love theme, and it was, perhaps, the longest play taught in the school syllabus. Kerusi is absolutely brilliant, portraying the duel and greed for power. however, I could not understand the Jangan Bunuh Rama-Rama one, but it does sound interesting and I feel compelled to uncover the symbolics behind the play.

That's about it, for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-man

Firstly, I should make my biases clear, but I'm pretty sure it's obvious. I've seen the Sam Raimi trilogy and of course, I will be comparing it to the reboot. After all, the reboot came a little bit too soon after the trilogy. Most of what follows will probably just be my personal preferences and gripes. Warning, spoilers abound. 1. Peter Parker I liked the doe-eyed Tobey Maguire more as the day-to-day Peter Parker. He's the nerdy, unsure of himself, normal guy. Andrew Garfield's cheeky boyish look doesn't make me buy the Peter Parker-ness. Andrew Garfield looks like he belongs to some teen series. 2. Mary Jane versus Gwen Stacy I hated Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. She's completely helpless like the traditional damsel in distress and sometimes her whining about her relationship with Peter Parker, seems, idk, petty, and sometimes she seems to not understand his predicament of being Spider-man and not being able to be there for her all th

Memori Keropok Lekor

Setiap kali ada school trip ke SBP pantai timur di Pahang atau Terengganu (seingatnya, pernah mengunjungi SESTER-Perfect Score Zon Timur 2009, SBPI B. Rakit-HKSBP Zon timur 2008 kot? SHAH Pekan- HKSBP Zon Timur 2006, SESMA-bermalam untuk Sambutan Hari Guru Kebangsaan. Eh, who knows where the headgirl of SESMA 2009 is right now? and....tu setakat yang ingatlah tentang sekolah yang dikunjungi), kalau berkesempatan lalu Batu Buruk, mesti singgah beli keropok lekor. Best gila. Sekali beli mesti habis dalam RM 50, sebab beli untuk cikgu, untuk kelas, untuk ahli dorm. Sesampainya di kelas, keropok lekor akan dibahagikan untuk bahagian budak-budak (budak-budak?) laki and budak-budak perempuan. Di bahagian depan kelas, budak-budak laki dalam sekelip mata sahaja menghabiskan keropok. Budak-budak perempuan pula makan di meja belakang (selalunya meja akulah tu. Nampak sangat muka kuat "jjella", huhu). Kita makan 'cover-cover', konon ayulah kot. And then, berduyun-duyun pergi

My Blog Looks So GAYY Now

I love blogger's new toy: the template designer thannggg.. love the jelly beans!   I changed my blog name to Gambar Gajah (ARAHAN: sila teliti gambar rajah gajah di bawah dan jawab soalan-soalan berikutnya ) , just a random thought, and it's a funny name, but don't expect me to post pictures of elephants .   okay, just to commemorate the change of name, nah ..here's one snagged from the internet..     Gambar Rajah Gajah 1.1  Berapa kali blog ini sudah bertukar nama? _________________________________ (5 m) 2. Berapakah umur blog ini? __________________________________(5 m) Jumlah: __ / 10 m hahahaha, lawak..lawak..macam tak ada kerja je aku ni Alhamdulillah, Allah Maha Kuasa Keputusan Rayuan JPA PILN: Engineering, Canada International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) 1 Tahun at Taylor's College, Subang Jaya