Skip to main content

Alphanz and The Dab



The title does not refer to a new indie band name, for that matter!

It was the Alpha Sivic Project: Collaboration with SMK Dabong.

This picture was edited by Mat Luq.

I don't really have the mood to elaborate long since my posts nowadays are very short.
The thing is, I never actually imagined it was....... fun?
But, on the first day, Cikgu Razuki got so excited to show us around, after Asar prayers they were all on a rush and they accidentally left me at the Dabong asrama. I was pissed obviously and I missed out on Gua Ikan and durian fest, but I didn't stick up being a sour puss throughoutla, I tried to be happy.. and it turned out alright. there were lots of other fun stuff there.
For instance, we got to see the Gunung Stong Waterfall. played in the stream with cikgu rodziah and cikgu mazinah
Oh, and I did a blood glucose level test with a glucometer! and I also found out that my blood type is AB.
and all of us totally pigged out on durians for three whole days. I don't know how many times I danced the chicken dance for the three days
For the performance night, the boys: Izzat, Ise, Hakim, Nije and Mat Rong danced to 'One Love'. How cool is that?
Oh yeah, and the girls did the Malay version of Purest of Pain, and I did a completely impromptu rendition of Jonas Brothers' Burning Up, which, I swear i wouldn't pull off a stunt like that ever again.
You know why the name Alphanz came about?
Basically it was to remind us of what our class was before this: kelas kipas!
Hence, alpha-fans or Alphanz. It was Muja's idea.
I mean, I couldn't imagine that hanging out with the people of kelas kipas could actually be so much fun.

Well, it was one of the few good memories that was left for the final year.




getting ready to go


my group picture: Revolusi. Me, Hisyam and Amer were the facilitators


me and amsyar, the group leader


closing ceremony


so long, Dabong


The Alphanz 0509

here's the vid where the boys danced:


Well, from my experience there, I've raised a question.
"Just because you're not 'smart' enough, are you supposed to be denied of a good education?"
One of the students at SMK Dabong said that their teacher didn't even finish the syllabus for Additional Mathematics.
Can you imagine that?
Even for those students who finished their syllabus, yes, us from the SBP, still can't manage to answer very well, but what about those students who do not even finish their syllabus?
What do you expect them to answer?
That's like denying them the chance to even attempt the question, and to me, that's unfair.
Call me ungrateful, but some of those teachers should be sent there.
I mean, yeah, I understand, who wouldn't want to teach the 'brighter' kids compared to the 'underperforming' ones?
But, surely, life is never fair.
And this brings us to the question of: Restu Cikgu
(I try not to remember the conterversial English Week, for that matter, but the issue is actually deeper than that, but let's just keep it at that, eh?)
har har, but actually that topic is totally unrelated, but I've been itching to post about that. maybe later. It's a bit too sensitive, if you know what I mean.
The dawn of the new age has always been a sensitive issue.
ok, whatever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-man

Firstly, I should make my biases clear, but I'm pretty sure it's obvious. I've seen the Sam Raimi trilogy and of course, I will be comparing it to the reboot. After all, the reboot came a little bit too soon after the trilogy. Most of what follows will probably just be my personal preferences and gripes. Warning, spoilers abound. 1. Peter Parker I liked the doe-eyed Tobey Maguire more as the day-to-day Peter Parker. He's the nerdy, unsure of himself, normal guy. Andrew Garfield's cheeky boyish look doesn't make me buy the Peter Parker-ness. Andrew Garfield looks like he belongs to some teen series. 2. Mary Jane versus Gwen Stacy I hated Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. She's completely helpless like the traditional damsel in distress and sometimes her whining about her relationship with Peter Parker, seems, idk, petty, and sometimes she seems to not understand his predicament of being Spider-man and not being able to be there for her all th

Memori Keropok Lekor

Setiap kali ada school trip ke SBP pantai timur di Pahang atau Terengganu (seingatnya, pernah mengunjungi SESTER-Perfect Score Zon Timur 2009, SBPI B. Rakit-HKSBP Zon timur 2008 kot? SHAH Pekan- HKSBP Zon Timur 2006, SESMA-bermalam untuk Sambutan Hari Guru Kebangsaan. Eh, who knows where the headgirl of SESMA 2009 is right now? and....tu setakat yang ingatlah tentang sekolah yang dikunjungi), kalau berkesempatan lalu Batu Buruk, mesti singgah beli keropok lekor. Best gila. Sekali beli mesti habis dalam RM 50, sebab beli untuk cikgu, untuk kelas, untuk ahli dorm. Sesampainya di kelas, keropok lekor akan dibahagikan untuk bahagian budak-budak (budak-budak?) laki and budak-budak perempuan. Di bahagian depan kelas, budak-budak laki dalam sekelip mata sahaja menghabiskan keropok. Budak-budak perempuan pula makan di meja belakang (selalunya meja akulah tu. Nampak sangat muka kuat "jjella", huhu). Kita makan 'cover-cover', konon ayulah kot. And then, berduyun-duyun pergi

My Blog Looks So GAYY Now

I love blogger's new toy: the template designer thannggg.. love the jelly beans!   I changed my blog name to Gambar Gajah (ARAHAN: sila teliti gambar rajah gajah di bawah dan jawab soalan-soalan berikutnya ) , just a random thought, and it's a funny name, but don't expect me to post pictures of elephants .   okay, just to commemorate the change of name, nah ..here's one snagged from the internet..     Gambar Rajah Gajah 1.1  Berapa kali blog ini sudah bertukar nama? _________________________________ (5 m) 2. Berapakah umur blog ini? __________________________________(5 m) Jumlah: __ / 10 m hahahaha, lawak..lawak..macam tak ada kerja je aku ni Alhamdulillah, Allah Maha Kuasa Keputusan Rayuan JPA PILN: Engineering, Canada International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) 1 Tahun at Taylor's College, Subang Jaya