Skip to main content

But Drenched in Vanilla Twilight

I seriously need tp take my mind off things.

Lately, I've been catching up on reading. I've read almost the complete set of Percy Jackson, yeah, I know, it's a tad bit overdue. I have yet to get my hands on the last installment.

Percy is witty and amusing, however, due to being heavily influenced by potter-craze for a long time in my younger years, I can't help but match the stereotypes to some potter characters. The obvious ones would probably be Annabeth and Hermione. Grover and Ron and yeah, even Percy is a reminiscent of Harry (owing to the actor also possessing physical 'potter-ness' as well). Both of them were mentioned in prophecies, but the difference between Harry and Percy. Percy has more spunk and tongue-in-cheek. The sarcasm was refreshing, and yeah, I have a soft spot for Greek Mythology. Percy and Mr. D provides entertainng squabling.

I also read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, trust me, it was so so difficult to finish. It was so dry and dull.

What else did I read? Yep, first three months post-SPM. I didn't even set foot in a bookstore. Only after the results did I start purchasing RM 5 books in Carrefour and had a chance to go to Kinokuniya and MPH.

I read the my sister's malay novel for the Form 4 KOMSAS. Papa, akhirnya kau tewas jua.... it was tad bit typical malay drama, but it was sad at the end, although it was cliche'd.

I also watched a few movies, but then, the marathon was short-lived. I wanted to watch The Time Traveller's Wife, but I have yet to do so. Recently I watched Alice In Wonderland at KLCC TGV with Amirah Balqis. Do watch it for the graphics, kiddy humour and Bloody Big Head. Johnny Depp, was, to me, not at his best, but sufficient enough for him to be on the A-list cast.

I can't remember what else I've read. However, I just finished reading Slumdog Millionaire. I do not know why I have a fascination for Indian writers nowadays, but it is intriguing in the way they describe and tell their story. It is painful, yet real, and I don't know. what was that German term again? schadenfreude?

Still, nothing beats Aravind Adiga's White Tiger. Next on my reading list is The Life Of Pi. Obviously, Percy Jackson's fifth installment is also on it. For movies, although Clash Of The Titans got a bad review, I would still love to see it. I haven't watched How To Train Your Dragon, It's Complicated, The Bounty Hunter and Date Night. Coming out soon is Kick Ass, and yes, I would like to watch The Prince Of Persia as well.

well, this is a lot of review crammed into one. well, I've been postponing most of it. So, all that I could ever remember to note are just short passing remarks, but then again, I don't like spoilers.

okay, that's about it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-man

Firstly, I should make my biases clear, but I'm pretty sure it's obvious. I've seen the Sam Raimi trilogy and of course, I will be comparing it to the reboot. After all, the reboot came a little bit too soon after the trilogy. Most of what follows will probably just be my personal preferences and gripes. Warning, spoilers abound. 1. Peter Parker I liked the doe-eyed Tobey Maguire more as the day-to-day Peter Parker. He's the nerdy, unsure of himself, normal guy. Andrew Garfield's cheeky boyish look doesn't make me buy the Peter Parker-ness. Andrew Garfield looks like he belongs to some teen series. 2. Mary Jane versus Gwen Stacy I hated Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. She's completely helpless like the traditional damsel in distress and sometimes her whining about her relationship with Peter Parker, seems, idk, petty, and sometimes she seems to not understand his predicament of being Spider-man and not being able to be there for her all th

Memori Keropok Lekor

Setiap kali ada school trip ke SBP pantai timur di Pahang atau Terengganu (seingatnya, pernah mengunjungi SESTER-Perfect Score Zon Timur 2009, SBPI B. Rakit-HKSBP Zon timur 2008 kot? SHAH Pekan- HKSBP Zon Timur 2006, SESMA-bermalam untuk Sambutan Hari Guru Kebangsaan. Eh, who knows where the headgirl of SESMA 2009 is right now? and....tu setakat yang ingatlah tentang sekolah yang dikunjungi), kalau berkesempatan lalu Batu Buruk, mesti singgah beli keropok lekor. Best gila. Sekali beli mesti habis dalam RM 50, sebab beli untuk cikgu, untuk kelas, untuk ahli dorm. Sesampainya di kelas, keropok lekor akan dibahagikan untuk bahagian budak-budak (budak-budak?) laki and budak-budak perempuan. Di bahagian depan kelas, budak-budak laki dalam sekelip mata sahaja menghabiskan keropok. Budak-budak perempuan pula makan di meja belakang (selalunya meja akulah tu. Nampak sangat muka kuat "jjella", huhu). Kita makan 'cover-cover', konon ayulah kot. And then, berduyun-duyun pergi

My Blog Looks So GAYY Now

I love blogger's new toy: the template designer thannggg.. love the jelly beans!   I changed my blog name to Gambar Gajah (ARAHAN: sila teliti gambar rajah gajah di bawah dan jawab soalan-soalan berikutnya ) , just a random thought, and it's a funny name, but don't expect me to post pictures of elephants .   okay, just to commemorate the change of name, nah ..here's one snagged from the internet..     Gambar Rajah Gajah 1.1  Berapa kali blog ini sudah bertukar nama? _________________________________ (5 m) 2. Berapakah umur blog ini? __________________________________(5 m) Jumlah: __ / 10 m hahahaha, lawak..lawak..macam tak ada kerja je aku ni Alhamdulillah, Allah Maha Kuasa Keputusan Rayuan JPA PILN: Engineering, Canada International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) 1 Tahun at Taylor's College, Subang Jaya