Skip to main content

My Exam Essays (I should get it copyrighted)

I'm posting my exam essays that I typed. well, there are some still with my teachers that I haven't typed, and yes, I were proud of those. I hope they don't lose it. They always lose things. :(


Ujian Prestasi Ogos

Classmates


Ever wondered why fishes go to school? Well, I do, and until now, I still do not know the answer to that question.

Hello there, I’m Kitty the pomfret. I know, it’s a funny name, but being a pomfret is a funny thing too.

All fishes, in general, live and travel in schools, usually, of course, with the same kind of fish. For me, I like to mix around. It is a lot more fun to mingle with other fishes from different walks of life.

I have a little circle of friends. We call each other ‘classmates’, since we cannot really classify ourselves as a school of fish because we are all not the same type of fish!

The only male in the gang is Ben the Barracuda. He just moved here recently from the Indian oceans. He is very exotic, you see. He has one of the most beautiful scale colorations that I’ve ever seen….and he’s really cute. Despite being a carnivore, Ben doesn’t seem to take interest in any of us in the group-yet.

My best friend is Tina the Tuna. I recalled when I first got to know her; she liked to go around boasting that if fishermen could catch her, she’d be sold for a high price.

“Even the tuna’s salted roe can be sold as expensive caviar, one of the most luxurious delicacies a human could afford,” she said. “My aunt, for example, had her roe made into caviar, and she was cooked and served as a smoked artichoke at a famous restaurant in London.”

Ha! Ha! Don’t ask me how she came to know of her aunt’s fate. I don’t know, and I don’t think I ever want to know. However, despite her vanity, Tina has a big heart. She would always be there whenever I needed a shoulder, or a fin, for that matter, to cry on.

Next, there is Cindy the clownfish, and she is aptly named ‘the court jester’. It is not that she likes to crack jokes or anything; it is just that she is so clumsy that she always hits something by accident when she’s swimming

Okay, maybe slapstick isn’t her forte, but I have to admit that it is actually mean for us to laugh at her when she is swimming in circles, for instance, but Cindy never took that matter to the heart.

Just recently, when Walt Disney popularized the clownfish in the animated flick, Finding Nemo, Cindy is shedding some of her shyness and comes out of her anemone a bit more often.

Last, but certainly not least, is Diedre the pufferfish. She’s really dangerous because her liver is loaded with tetradoxin that can paralyse and kill you within a day. For us fishes, the venom can kill us in a matter of seconds. However, Diedre’s really nice and tame.

She has that totally complacent look that you can never tell what she has in her mind. Diedre is also the brain in the group, and she helps us a lot when navigating to new places. She seems well-traveled and knowledgable of the oceans.

Somehow, Diedre once confessed to me of how much she was crushing on Jared the hammerhead shark.
“I can’t help myself. Being a bad boy, he’s so … excitingly dangerous! What a hunk …,” she said before swooning and melting in a pool of infatuation. “The unique physique.”

Ah well, you can never expect the unexpected. Neither of us saw it coming.

Do you know why you call a spade a spade? In Diedre’s case, pufferfish actually puff up their bodies in self-defense. They can puff up until fifty times larger than their original size!

Sadly, in Japan, people catch pufferfish and serve them as a dish called ‘fugu’, whereas in Africa, people catch the pufferfish to make a ‘zombie potion’. That’s what Diedre always tells me anyway.

So, as for me, I am the ‘tomboy’ of the group. Don’t laugh. People say that Tina and I are an odd couple. I am not girly at all like her. Sometimes, I do enjoy being one of the guys, but at the end of the day, I stick to my ‘classmates’.

I bet you’re wondering what the classmates do together. Usually, we just play around and explore the oceans. Within this small circle of friends, everybody has their own story to share, with diverse identities of their own, like actors from different genres of theater. Personally, I always consider myself an action hero!
The ocean is a beautiful place to explore. It is a completely different world from the Land of Man.

Sometimes, we get to know what is going on on the surface because things from the land get thrown in the oceans all the time, and some things can kill the marine inhabitants.

Last week, one of my close friends, Julia the turtle, choked on a plastic bag and died. Many of us have moved from oceans which were polluted with oil to new places. I cannot anticipate the moment when we will have to move again.

So, anyway, that is about all I can say about my ‘classmates’. In short, we enjoy each other’s company and we cherish every passing moment like a sweet memory, especiallt the rib-tickling ones like Diedre gasping for air everytime she sees Jared passing by or Cindy going red in the face in embarrassment when she suddenly knocks something over or Tina who routinely and obsessively checks her appearance on any reflective surface every five minutes. Ben, on the other hand, is just so cute to look at.

Lastly, I do hope that people can change for the better. Be a force of nature, and make a difference.

Does anyone here believe in mermaids?




Peperiksaan Penggal 1 2008



My mother’s eyes were red with welled up tears. She was on the verge of crying. Once again, her good as gold daughter shocked her to her senses to how bad as bone her daughter really was. I stared at her defiant
“I’m scared for you,” she mumbled. “I feel like we’re drifting more apart day by day. I don’t want to lose you.”

“You’ve kept me under your nail for fifteen whole years,” I said to her, matter-of-factly. “I’m through with it.

I want you to let me be. I live in a free country, don’t I? Aren’t you violating my individual rights?”

“Don’t talk to me in that tone, young lady!” she said warningly.

The tension crept up in the atmosphere. I wasn’t sure if she would let me off to go to the concert this Saturday.

I bit my lip. The argument was not getting us anywhere. In the end, I decided to retreat. I headed for my room. Even Genghis Khan pulled back his troops to fight for another day. I reached out for my phone and dialed one of my close friends’ numbers. I vented my frustration to Bianca, and she listened for two whole hours. I fell asleep not too long after that without having dinner.

That Saturday, my mother and father talked to me at the breakfast table while two of my sisters were running around the dining area, screaming at the top of their lungs.

“Shut up!” I barked.

“Don’t be rude to your sisters!” my father warned.

I kept quiet.

“All right, we’ve decided to let you off.” He said.

I perked up as my ears caught his every word. Is he serious?

“I’m worried about you, though,” he said. “You seem so far away, I don’t feel like we know each other any more."

I got up from my chair and trudged towards him. I kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you so much. You know how much this means to me.”

My father sighed and exchanged glances with my mother. He looked at me and said, “What time do I send you to the stadium?”

“Eight would be fine,” I said briskly, but I secretly felt ashamed that I was still being carted around by my parents.

My mother looked at me in the eyes and said, “Be careful. It’s dangerous out there.”

“I can take care of myself,” I told her, assuringly.

“Yes, please be safe. Remember what we always tell you, okay? Don’t talk to strangers,” my father added.

I simply nodded in response to my over-protective parents. That night, I was ready to party. It was the first time that I had been to a concert and I bought the ticket with the money that I had saved. I could probably say that it cost me an arm and a leg as my moth’s allowance was gone just to get it.

In the car, I kissed my father goodbye and he repeated the advice. I just said “yes” for the umpteenth time. He promised to pick me up after I call him.

As I got to the stadium, I changed into a more provocative outfit and met my friends, Bianca, Chen, Nadia and Sue. The band, MCR, was playing superbly and we danced until our knees wobbled and we could barely walk anymore.

“Oh my God! I dropped my phone somewhere!” I cried out, suddenly, as I ravaged my handbag. It wasn’t there!

“Don’t worry, we’ll help you find it,” Chen said.

So, we looked, but it was futile as it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Finally, I gave up altogether. I’ve had enough pushing and shoving in the crowd for one night. I looked at my watch. It was already past eleven. It was so late already. They say, time passes by when we’re having fun.

“Okay, I’m dead now.” I said.

“Let me give you a lift home,” said Chen.

“You’re too young to drive!” I screeched. I was beginning to panic.

“Don’t be silly! Of course I’m not driving. My cousin will.”

Despite my parents’ advice, I followed him. Bianca and the others were going back with their boyfriends. I didn’t have one, so I followed Chen, trustingly, like a sheep being led to a slaughter house.

I was introduced to his cousin, Jien, who eyed me in interest. I was uncomfortable. My instincts told me to run, but I couldn’t.

There I was, seated on the back seat of a red Porsche with Chen and Jien at the front. I felt uneasy. It was then that I finally thought of my father and mother. Why hadn’t I listened to them? Why was I such a brat?
I didn’t know where we were heading. Chen didn’t even talk to me. He was chattering with his cousin in Mandarin, so I couldn’t understand what they were saying.

Without warning, the car swerved to the side of the road. Jien was driving in the wrong lane!

My heart was beating fast. All of a sudden, the car jerked and came to a sudden halt. I fell to the bottom of the seat, bumping my nose on the driver’s seat.

A chill went down my spine as I saw a pile of beer cans beneath the seat. Has Jien been drinking? Was he drunk? Fear gripped my senses

That revelation made me feel numb. I made a big mistake. Will I ever make it home? No. Will I ever make it home in one piece?

The car moved again. Chen looked as if he was drunk too as he was out cold. Jien was probably half-conscious.

“Hey! You can’t drive! You’re drunk!” I squeaked in protest, and in vain.

The car was running at 40 km/h in a 100 km/h zone. I was starting to get scared. I wanted to get out, but the doors were locked. Sweat rolled down my temple. I was in the belly of the beast. There was no escape.

I clambered back onto the seat after a long moment of being mortified down there. My eyes widened. Jien was on the wrong lane again. The headlights of some vehicle blinded me. The horn screeched. The red Porsche was heading for a collision with a lorry!

I screamed, unable to do anything. While I prayed, a hounding thought was running through my mind. I should have listened to my parents’ advice earlier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-man

Firstly, I should make my biases clear, but I'm pretty sure it's obvious. I've seen the Sam Raimi trilogy and of course, I will be comparing it to the reboot. After all, the reboot came a little bit too soon after the trilogy. Most of what follows will probably just be my personal preferences and gripes. Warning, spoilers abound. 1. Peter Parker I liked the doe-eyed Tobey Maguire more as the day-to-day Peter Parker. He's the nerdy, unsure of himself, normal guy. Andrew Garfield's cheeky boyish look doesn't make me buy the Peter Parker-ness. Andrew Garfield looks like he belongs to some teen series. 2. Mary Jane versus Gwen Stacy I hated Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. She's completely helpless like the traditional damsel in distress and sometimes her whining about her relationship with Peter Parker, seems, idk, petty, and sometimes she seems to not understand his predicament of being Spider-man and not being able to be there for her all th

Memori Keropok Lekor

Setiap kali ada school trip ke SBP pantai timur di Pahang atau Terengganu (seingatnya, pernah mengunjungi SESTER-Perfect Score Zon Timur 2009, SBPI B. Rakit-HKSBP Zon timur 2008 kot? SHAH Pekan- HKSBP Zon Timur 2006, SESMA-bermalam untuk Sambutan Hari Guru Kebangsaan. Eh, who knows where the headgirl of SESMA 2009 is right now? and....tu setakat yang ingatlah tentang sekolah yang dikunjungi), kalau berkesempatan lalu Batu Buruk, mesti singgah beli keropok lekor. Best gila. Sekali beli mesti habis dalam RM 50, sebab beli untuk cikgu, untuk kelas, untuk ahli dorm. Sesampainya di kelas, keropok lekor akan dibahagikan untuk bahagian budak-budak (budak-budak?) laki and budak-budak perempuan. Di bahagian depan kelas, budak-budak laki dalam sekelip mata sahaja menghabiskan keropok. Budak-budak perempuan pula makan di meja belakang (selalunya meja akulah tu. Nampak sangat muka kuat "jjella", huhu). Kita makan 'cover-cover', konon ayulah kot. And then, berduyun-duyun pergi

My Blog Looks So GAYY Now

I love blogger's new toy: the template designer thannggg.. love the jelly beans!   I changed my blog name to Gambar Gajah (ARAHAN: sila teliti gambar rajah gajah di bawah dan jawab soalan-soalan berikutnya ) , just a random thought, and it's a funny name, but don't expect me to post pictures of elephants .   okay, just to commemorate the change of name, nah ..here's one snagged from the internet..     Gambar Rajah Gajah 1.1  Berapa kali blog ini sudah bertukar nama? _________________________________ (5 m) 2. Berapakah umur blog ini? __________________________________(5 m) Jumlah: __ / 10 m hahahaha, lawak..lawak..macam tak ada kerja je aku ni Alhamdulillah, Allah Maha Kuasa Keputusan Rayuan JPA PILN: Engineering, Canada International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) 1 Tahun at Taylor's College, Subang Jaya