Skip to main content

Billionaire

"

I wanna be a billionaire so fricking bad


Buy all of the things I never had


Uh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine


Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen





Oh every time I close my eyes


I see my name in shining lights


A different city every night oh


I swear the world better prepare


For when I’m a billionaire
 
"
 
Know that song?
 
haha.okay, so I've been thinking.
 
When I was little, I used to have an ambition that I'd be filthy rich and live the luxurious lifestyle like a movie star, although I might not be one. You know, have a mansion with a swimming pool and maids. A big wide-screen TV and karaoke set, high-tech gadgets, a roomful of clothes and shoes, and all the money in the world to buy anything I want, and I can spend it or give it to anyone non-chalantly because my money reserve is so bottomless, kind of like you know, the Scrooge duck in the Mickey Mouse shows.
 
Then, I started writng stories, and I thought if I wrote a best-seller, I'd get to that dream. well, look at me now. The only thing I'm writing now is my blog, and after this, probably thesises and research papers and academic writing.
 
Then, later on, my billionaire dream kind of wore away. The realistic me just thought, no way.
 
Then I thought about getting rich so that I don't have any debts and I could send my kids without need of scholarship for overseas education. You see, if you have your own money, it'd be a lot easier because you can choose whatever program you'd like to pursue instead of just accepting whatever options the government gives you. You can choose to apply to any university you want. There's no risk of having to pay back the scholarship money if you don't do well. Then, there's no reason to worry about getting a scholarship or not. But then again,, I'll have to be FILTHY RICH to be able to do this. Like, having a Datukship or something.
 
Getting rich seems like a lot of hard work for a commoner like me. Some people have it easy, being born into the family of a business mogul. Not to say that being rich is not possible, or unattainable, it is, with a lot of hard work and opportunistic attitude.
 
Of course, if I wanted to get rich the easy way, I could just dabble in business, or play it dirty with politics, or something like that. But no, I don't have the guts for that kind of thing. I can push myself to soldier on in pursuing something (although I might be doing it with a LOT of complaining, but I do it, nonetheless), but I don't exactly have that ruthlessness for politics nor business.
 
Not to say that I don't set high goals for myself. I do, but somehow, deep down inside, I know that being 'homey' and moderate is very much appealing. Yes, I sometimes like to be on the move. I was, most of the time at school, but at the end of the day, I would always look for that quiet place to come back to.
 
It explains why even if I live in KL, the high life is not my life. I'm not the life of the party. I love spending time with my friends, but going all wild, no way. I hate crowded places a s well. I don't feel at home in KL, except for my house, which is, by the way, in the suburbs. To me, KL is just a loud, hectic, LEPAK-ing place. A place for people with money to splurge, splurge, splurge. It feels so loud yet so empty. I might work in KL, but when it comes to home, I think of quiet places. Secluded, simple. It does not necessarily need lavish furnishings with million-dollar-worth paintings on the wall with all those high-tech gizmos that I mention earlier, just a simple home would do. Heck, home-cooked meals taste better than posh stuff anyway. Even if they taste just as good, I find it more satisfying in a 'successful' home-cooked meal.
 
Don't shoot me if I can't show you directions in KL.

Comments

Filzah R. said…
haha I lovee this post! :')

and no I wont shoot you hahah XD

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-man

Firstly, I should make my biases clear, but I'm pretty sure it's obvious. I've seen the Sam Raimi trilogy and of course, I will be comparing it to the reboot. After all, the reboot came a little bit too soon after the trilogy. Most of what follows will probably just be my personal preferences and gripes. Warning, spoilers abound. 1. Peter Parker I liked the doe-eyed Tobey Maguire more as the day-to-day Peter Parker. He's the nerdy, unsure of himself, normal guy. Andrew Garfield's cheeky boyish look doesn't make me buy the Peter Parker-ness. Andrew Garfield looks like he belongs to some teen series. 2. Mary Jane versus Gwen Stacy I hated Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. She's completely helpless like the traditional damsel in distress and sometimes her whining about her relationship with Peter Parker, seems, idk, petty, and sometimes she seems to not understand his predicament of being Spider-man and not being able to be there for her all th

Memori Keropok Lekor

Setiap kali ada school trip ke SBP pantai timur di Pahang atau Terengganu (seingatnya, pernah mengunjungi SESTER-Perfect Score Zon Timur 2009, SBPI B. Rakit-HKSBP Zon timur 2008 kot? SHAH Pekan- HKSBP Zon Timur 2006, SESMA-bermalam untuk Sambutan Hari Guru Kebangsaan. Eh, who knows where the headgirl of SESMA 2009 is right now? and....tu setakat yang ingatlah tentang sekolah yang dikunjungi), kalau berkesempatan lalu Batu Buruk, mesti singgah beli keropok lekor. Best gila. Sekali beli mesti habis dalam RM 50, sebab beli untuk cikgu, untuk kelas, untuk ahli dorm. Sesampainya di kelas, keropok lekor akan dibahagikan untuk bahagian budak-budak (budak-budak?) laki and budak-budak perempuan. Di bahagian depan kelas, budak-budak laki dalam sekelip mata sahaja menghabiskan keropok. Budak-budak perempuan pula makan di meja belakang (selalunya meja akulah tu. Nampak sangat muka kuat "jjella", huhu). Kita makan 'cover-cover', konon ayulah kot. And then, berduyun-duyun pergi

My Blog Looks So GAYY Now

I love blogger's new toy: the template designer thannggg.. love the jelly beans!   I changed my blog name to Gambar Gajah (ARAHAN: sila teliti gambar rajah gajah di bawah dan jawab soalan-soalan berikutnya ) , just a random thought, and it's a funny name, but don't expect me to post pictures of elephants .   okay, just to commemorate the change of name, nah ..here's one snagged from the internet..     Gambar Rajah Gajah 1.1  Berapa kali blog ini sudah bertukar nama? _________________________________ (5 m) 2. Berapakah umur blog ini? __________________________________(5 m) Jumlah: __ / 10 m hahahaha, lawak..lawak..macam tak ada kerja je aku ni Alhamdulillah, Allah Maha Kuasa Keputusan Rayuan JPA PILN: Engineering, Canada International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) 1 Tahun at Taylor's College, Subang Jaya