- From Teacher Nazlin's facebook status: Truth is, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones that are worth suffering for.
- Not everything goes 100% according to plan. That is why we can only hope for the best, yet we still prepare ourselves for the worst. Embracing the fact that there is a possibility of something that might go wrong, keeps us on our feet just in case anything bad happens. So, okay, it didn't go according to plan, act on Plan B. Don't destroy yourself.
- Sometimes we forget and take things forgranted, and it takes a MAJOR crisis to give us a wake up call to how shitty our attitude has been lately. Other people have feelings too. Too much critiscism in one go is not constructive.
- Being mature is about choosing your battles. Acting, talking and deciding appropriately and rationally, and not overruled by emotions. At certain times, yes, it is good to voice out opinions, but not everything is a debate. Sometimes it's better to just shut your mouth than say something to drive your point home at the cost of a friendship or a relationship.
- Be the bigger person by apologizing first and admitting your mistakes.
- You're not always the hot shot that you think you are.
Yeah, I need these reminders once in a while. I don't want to get delusional and too caught up in my own world. I'm trying my best to be a better person. The number one thing people, regardless of whether or not they've known me for a long time or not, actually hate or notice about me is my BIG FAT EGO. Sometimes, I'm just not aware of myself. Oh, and credits to Izzat for some of the nuggets of wisdom. Once in a while it's good to have friends who openly discuss self-reflection.