Skip to main content

Current Obsession



Erik Satie - Gymnopedie No. 1 (Orchestrated by Debussy)

For some reason it's emotionally provocative, but I'm not certain what kind of emotion it evokes. Some people may find it boring, but I really love the crescendo.



Number 2, is not as good as the first and the third, but I'll include it anyway.



Number 3 is my favorite. There's a sense of getting lost in a magical forest, you're in wonder, but also, you feel overwhelmed by the loneliness. Haha. The crescendo is the best.

I first heard of Erik Satie's Gymnopedie was from a ring tone on my Nokia phone, I decided I loved the song but it didn't occur to me it was a classic. Then, earlier this year, one of the Taylor's College CPU lecturers previewed his photo book using one of the Gymnopedies as a soundtrack, you can check it out here.

I'm not really an orchestra/classical music buff to fully appreciate or properly interpret the works, but I listen it just for fun, and some really get to me. I can't read music notes for my life, nor can I identify notes from ear, but I love the musical arrangements, the choice of instruments that give the piece some "soul".

So, yeah, rainy day, with some coffee and homework, and Gymnopedie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fair Lady

This is an old issue, I know. What has brought my attention to the topic of women rights was when I watched one of the episodes of Commander In Chief on Hallmark. In that series, the president of the United States was supposedly a woman. Interesting, and she plans to take the stand for women rights to the next level despite the controversies arousing her brave statement. The debate was whether or not it was relevant to debate on an old issue, in respect of the state of today's society. Women of today have a better status than they did way back in the days of history old. Women emancipation has been heatedly debated especially in the West throughout the time, and perhaps, the most memorable one was of the Suffragettes, fighting for the right of women to vote. Some places in Africa, in history, do not even recognize rape of women, as a crime, however, all of that has changed, thankfully. The question now is, are women actually 'emancipated' as we are all made to belief? well,...

My Blog Looks So GAYY Now

I love blogger's new toy: the template designer thannggg.. love the jelly beans!   I changed my blog name to Gambar Gajah (ARAHAN: sila teliti gambar rajah gajah di bawah dan jawab soalan-soalan berikutnya ) , just a random thought, and it's a funny name, but don't expect me to post pictures of elephants .   okay, just to commemorate the change of name, nah ..here's one snagged from the internet..     Gambar Rajah Gajah 1.1  Berapa kali blog ini sudah bertukar nama? _________________________________ (5 m) 2. Berapakah umur blog ini? __________________________________(5 m) Jumlah: __ / 10 m hahahaha, lawak..lawak..macam tak ada kerja je aku ni Alhamdulillah, Allah Maha Kuasa Keputusan Rayuan JPA PILN: Engineering, Canada International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) 1 Tahun at Taylor's College, Subang Jaya

Kiddies

Okay, yesterday, I went to my little sister's kindergarten sports day held at SMK Seksyen 5, Wangsa Maju Hall. Well, the field is wet because it has been raining almost every day in KL, well, in my area. Anyway, I was the photographer that day, a tak bertauliah one, mind you. Here are some of the pics. They are so cute! bacaan ikar This is not a running in a sack event, this is a running sack balloon haul bean bag race future Rahman formation? Well, I guess that's about that.