Skip to main content

MU - Monsters U, not Man United or McMaster U, hahaha

Spoiler alert, beware.

It was enjoyable. I really enjoyed the short at the beginning of the movie. Animation was almost realistic, in fact, a lot more than it was all these years.

The movie itself was tonnes of enjoyment, although it is not particularly perfect, there was always that cliche'd uni-life story-telling, the usual felt betrayal, trying to win you back, bla bla bla, but I felt that despite having the tried and tested formula, execution was well done. I felt that it did well in the execution of character development, most notably, Sully and Mike. Randall had a more of a cameo appearance. The no-nonsense female dean of the School of Scream rocked the eyeliner. Animation wise, it was a lot more colorful than the Monsters Inc movie. Some elements of college life although cliche'd but now it seems a lil' more relatable at this age, in addition to studying in a North American (Canada! Canada! NOT North AMERICAN) university. I sometimes feel that these Pixar people are keeping track of their faithful audience of Toy Story and "grew" with them. In Toy Story 3, Andy was just packing away to go to college, and in Monsters U is the college life itself.

There were lots of little kids in the cinema. hahaha. The trailers for upcoming movies, I SWEAR there were two similar ones. One was a racing snail called Turbo, and the other, Planes, about racing planes. What the heck. Out of ideas ? That's all kids are into nowadays ? And another one called Frozen. Seriously, I thought it was a short, with all that slapstick comedy. I thought to myself, wow, I used to laugh at all these slapstick jokes as a kid, and now I'm turning my nose from it. hahahah.

Before that, I went to Best Buy, an electronics store, and I think most cameras now are at least 16 megapixels and they are now equipped with wifi feature to enable you to upload pictures straight to the net. Oh boy. With the camera I have with 8 megapixels, no panorama feature, no wifi, no touch screen, it seems relatively primitive to those bad boys. Windows 8 everywhere with tablets and ultrabooks and laptops at the minimum costing 300, 400 CAD (some cheaper than tablets) to close to 2000 (I'm looking at you, Apple). Man, I'm so behind on technology, yet I'm an engineer to be. haih.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-man

Firstly, I should make my biases clear, but I'm pretty sure it's obvious. I've seen the Sam Raimi trilogy and of course, I will be comparing it to the reboot. After all, the reboot came a little bit too soon after the trilogy. Most of what follows will probably just be my personal preferences and gripes. Warning, spoilers abound. 1. Peter Parker I liked the doe-eyed Tobey Maguire more as the day-to-day Peter Parker. He's the nerdy, unsure of himself, normal guy. Andrew Garfield's cheeky boyish look doesn't make me buy the Peter Parker-ness. Andrew Garfield looks like he belongs to some teen series. 2. Mary Jane versus Gwen Stacy I hated Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. She's completely helpless like the traditional damsel in distress and sometimes her whining about her relationship with Peter Parker, seems, idk, petty, and sometimes she seems to not understand his predicament of being Spider-man and not being able to be there for her all th

Memori Keropok Lekor

Setiap kali ada school trip ke SBP pantai timur di Pahang atau Terengganu (seingatnya, pernah mengunjungi SESTER-Perfect Score Zon Timur 2009, SBPI B. Rakit-HKSBP Zon timur 2008 kot? SHAH Pekan- HKSBP Zon Timur 2006, SESMA-bermalam untuk Sambutan Hari Guru Kebangsaan. Eh, who knows where the headgirl of SESMA 2009 is right now? and....tu setakat yang ingatlah tentang sekolah yang dikunjungi), kalau berkesempatan lalu Batu Buruk, mesti singgah beli keropok lekor. Best gila. Sekali beli mesti habis dalam RM 50, sebab beli untuk cikgu, untuk kelas, untuk ahli dorm. Sesampainya di kelas, keropok lekor akan dibahagikan untuk bahagian budak-budak (budak-budak?) laki and budak-budak perempuan. Di bahagian depan kelas, budak-budak laki dalam sekelip mata sahaja menghabiskan keropok. Budak-budak perempuan pula makan di meja belakang (selalunya meja akulah tu. Nampak sangat muka kuat "jjella", huhu). Kita makan 'cover-cover', konon ayulah kot. And then, berduyun-duyun pergi

My Blog Looks So GAYY Now

I love blogger's new toy: the template designer thannggg.. love the jelly beans!   I changed my blog name to Gambar Gajah (ARAHAN: sila teliti gambar rajah gajah di bawah dan jawab soalan-soalan berikutnya ) , just a random thought, and it's a funny name, but don't expect me to post pictures of elephants .   okay, just to commemorate the change of name, nah ..here's one snagged from the internet..     Gambar Rajah Gajah 1.1  Berapa kali blog ini sudah bertukar nama? _________________________________ (5 m) 2. Berapakah umur blog ini? __________________________________(5 m) Jumlah: __ / 10 m hahahaha, lawak..lawak..macam tak ada kerja je aku ni Alhamdulillah, Allah Maha Kuasa Keputusan Rayuan JPA PILN: Engineering, Canada International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) 1 Tahun at Taylor's College, Subang Jaya